The ALFA ROMEO OWNERS CLUB (UK) LTD. is registered in England and Wales as a limited company, number 1106134.
Registered Address: 8 Ickworth Court, Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 2XL
Main Web Site (AROC-UK.com)
Conditions of Use
The contents of this web site are the copyright of the ALFA ROMEO OWNERS CLUB (UK) Limited. No part may be copied or reproduced without prior, written permission.
Views and opinions expressed in this web site are not necessarily those of the Directors or Committee of AROC.
Goods and services advertised are not in any way endorsed or verified by us and we accept no responsibility for the quality of items sold by our advertisers. However, we do take care to ensure that advertisements are bona fide.
Adverts may contain links to other sites and files. We have no control over their content and cannot ensure it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them.
Similarly, the Alfa Romeo Owners Club assume no responsibility for the privacy practices of any user or any third party web site linked from AROC-UK.com.
The following applies additionally to Members using the AROC Members’ site at members.AROC-UK.com.
Conditions of Use
The use of the members’ areas of this web site and of its forums is restricted to paid-up members of the AROC. Members agree to be bound by the terms and conditions and policies listed here and in the AROC rules and regulations.
Registered users are fully responsible for any information or file supplied by them. They must also agree that they will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by themselves or the AROC. and that they will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
- AROC will neither permit nor condone harassment of any form, including that based upon gender, race, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or religious beliefs.
- All members have the right to be treated with consideration, dignity and respect.
- It is the responsibility of all members to encourage and maintain an environment that is free from harassment.
- Harassment can take many forms ranging from violence and bullying to ostracising an individual.
- It may be intentional or unintentional, and can result in the recipient feeling threatened, humiliated or patronised.
- Generally harassment involves some form of uninvited/unwelcome conduct that has the purpose or effect of violating a person’s dignity or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating, offensive environment. (The motive of the perpetrator is irrelevant i.e. whether the harassment was intentional or unintentional).
- Harassment is generally persistent and unwelcome behaviour which continues after the person receiving it makes it clear that they want it to stop. However a single instance/incident can also be deemed as harassment if it sufficiently serious.
- The alleged perpetrator will be subject to the clubs disciplinary procedure and a thorough investigation will be carried out under the terms stated in the clubs rules.
- The act of harassing a fellow member constitutes as an act of gross misconduct and the member’s contract may be terminated. The individual may be subject to legal proceedings and could face a possible jail term. Also the individual would be liable for any damages awarded to the victim.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
- Unwanted physical contact (Including abuse or assault).
- Verbal conduct (Offensive remarks or comments, embarrassing remarks, jibes jokes or abusive language)
- Non verbal conduct (The display of pornographic, suggestive or offensive pictures, objects, videos, books, pin-ups, e-mail, text, hand gestures etc.)
- Intimidating or threatening behaviour
- Isolation or non-cooperation and exclusion from social activities.
- Coercion ranging from pressure for sexual favours to pressure to participate in political/religious groups.
- Intrusion by pestering, spying, following.
Members subject to harassment can seek advice, support and counselling in confidence without obligation by making an informal or formal complaint to their local section secretary, a nominated person or a member of the management team. (All complaints will be dealt with in the strictest confidence, however if a formal complaint is made it will be necessary to involve the club chairman, deputy chairman and club secretary, witnesses and the accused so that an accurate picture of events can be obtained).
Cookies must be turned on in your browser to participate as a registered user in the members’ area and forums of this web site. A cookie is a small text file stored alongside your internet browser on your computer or smartphone. It enables us to recognise your computer when you visit the website. The tool is used by many websites to help collect information, such as how many people visit and return to the website, what products or services are being accessed, to make certain parts of the Site function properly and for the purposes of website and system administration. If you have disabled the cookies file in your browser, you may experience technical issues with some parts of the website.
While browsing the Members’ site, you may be able to access the web sites of third parties through a hyperlink. The ALFA ROMEO OWNERS CLUB (UK) Limited assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of any third party web site.
Neither the Administrators of the web site’s forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Users are reminded that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and they should exercise caution when deciding to share any of their personal information. Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us via e-mail. We are authorized by users to remove or modify any data submitted by them for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not.