Join us at The Tank Museum for South West Alfa Day!
We are delighted to be hosting our South West Alfa Day at the fabulous Tank Museum in Dorset on 12th May 2024.
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life, with the world’s best collection of tanks in awe-inspiring, modern exhibitions.
The museum houses 300 military machines, representing the key battles of every major conflict since the First World War. Our moving exhibitions tell the story of this British invention; from the mud of the Somme to the beaches of Normandy and the deserts of Iraq – featuring powerful stories from the soldiers that fought in them.
Get ready to experience the Biggest Day Out in History, whilst also admiring hundreds of Alfa Romeos from the South West and beyond in our own dedicated display area!
Tickets to South West Alfa Day INCLUDE entry to The Tank Museum at a discounted rate for AROC Members! Tickets are priced to ensure that Member tickets for the whole family are still at a discounted rate compared to The Tank Museum family ticket options! Non-members pay only the standard online admission rates for The Tank Museum to enjoy South West Alfa Day.
- AROC Member Adult (16yrs+) – £14.35
- AROC Member Child (4-15yrs) – £7.49
- AROC Member Child (Under 4yrs) – FREE
- Non-Member Adult (16yrs+) – £19.35
- Non-Member Child (4-15yrs) – £10.49
- Non-Member Child (Under 4yrs) – FREE
NOTE: Annual passes to The Tank Museum do not gain entry to South West Alfa Day.
The event starts at 10am – please do NOT arrive earlier as you will not be able to access the site. The event finishes at 4pm prompt.
IMPORTANT: Upon arrival, each ticket-holder will be given a wristband for each validated ticket which gives entry to the Museum. You MUST ensure all ticket-holders receive a wrist-band on entry – do not park your car until you have wrist-bands for all ticket-holders.
Are you serving Military or ex-Military?
All serving members of any armed forces are entitled to free admission to The Tank Museum (and South West Alfa Day) on production of a valid MOD90 card or equivalent. All members of Royal Armoured Corps Regimental Associations are entitled to free admission on production of a valid association membership card. Qualifying serving Military or ex-Military do not need to purchase a ticket (and will not receive a wristband), but accompanying visitors must buy a ticket as outlined above.
The Tank Museum Event Map
Click on the image below to see a larger Event Map. South West Alfa Day has it’s own entrance and dedicated parking display area on the flat event field and the concrete apron alongside the Vehicle Conservation Centre.
Some useful information:
- The Tank Museum has a café and restaurant which provides hot drinks, snacks, sandwiches and hot meals. You are welcome to bring your own food and there is both inside and outside picnic areas.
- There are several baby changing areas around the museum, and facilities for warming milk and food in the restaurant.
- Alongside an indoor soft play (ages 3-11) area and external play areas, there is lots for children to do in the museum with newer exhibits designed with younger visitors in mind and include hands-on interactives, dressing up, video games and more.
- Breastfeeding is welcomed in any part of the building. There is a restaurant and café with seating, plus seating is scattered throughout the galleries. Private space is available for breastfeeding in the Wellbeing Room located behind the shop.
- The Tank Museum is fully accessible for wheelchairs and mobility scooters, with lifts or ramps to every part of the museum.
- Autism Spectrum Conditions: The Trench Experience and War Horse to Horsepower exhibition use sound effects which can trigger sensory overload. These exhibitions can be skipped without adversely affecting the enjoyment of the museum.
- Sensory Backpacks will be available to borrow from Main Admissions free of charge. Our sensory backpacks are for visitors with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- There is free WiFi throughout The Tank Museum.
- The Tank Museum has a fabulous, varied shop with gifts starting at very low pocket-money value toys.